Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy New Year!

Just in case you all thought that I been abducted over the 'festive season' I have returned to plague you with more 'thoughts as they hit me' as we go forward into 2007!

Christmas has come and gone with the usual over-eating and drinking and, the best bit as far as I'm concerned, meeting family and friends. A chance remark made whilst in a mellow mood was made by me and it went something like this.
"2007 is to be the year that I learn to cook". I was rather ashamed that I had got to the age of 70-plus without any real culinary knowledge. I even went on to say that I would go out and buy myself a hand-blender. Needless to say, when I opened one of my presents it was a ... hand-blender. Somehow the news had spread and over the next few days there appeared a Soup Recipe book and a book of 400 recipes using only three or four ingredients (plus some bits and piece from the store-cupboard. On New Year's Eve, we had a bit of a party and my contribution was a plate full of chicken legs either coated in a sticky honey and mustard and Soy glaze or cooked in a marinade of coconut cream, coriander and lime juice. To my absolute amazement they flew (sic) off the plate and the comments were very encouraging.
I hope I can keep the interest going ... correction ... I know I can keep it all going!

So I hope you are all going to keep coming back for more of my ramblings and I shall try keep them more structured.

No comments: